What makes music new? Is it a tracks release date? Jay Lumen released something yesterday and it sounds like 2012 run of the mill scouse house to me. Originality? That depends, but I wouldn’t call most dub tracks original or inspiring in any way. When I look for a record, I look for style more than genre. That’s because I come from no specific style. I just play underground music.
- Herva – Stay
- Borrowed Identity – It’s You
- Mr. Tophat and Art Alfie – Pajala Sunrise
- Shlomi Aber – Paradox
- Alan Fitzpatrick – Where Haus?
- Lester Fitzpatrick – Chi House
- Jerome Hill – Def Jamming
- Naked Eye – Short Distance
- JLG – Convolution
- Hans Bouffmyhre – Departed
- Sonic Infusion – Unfuture (Mark Broom Remix)
- Heckmann – In Your Face
- Blawan – Black Sun 5
- Kamikaze Space Programme – Didspeed
- Armitage – Sleep
- Mark Broom – Motion
- Radionasty – I Had To Spank You (Ben Sims Acid Mix)
- Alderaan – Sequel
- Unsubscribe – The Opener
- Lewis Fautzi – Blood (Exium Remix)
- Deniro – Kairuku EP
- Stenny – Ruins
- Kink – Vodolaz
- Psyk – Origin
- Par Grindvik – The Act
About the Podcast
The Groovetech weekly DJ mix is a 1 hour podcast playing Techno and Deep-House. Hosted and mixed by Andreas Marouchos (rouchos).
Andreas Marouchos (Short, Rouchos), is a DJ from Toronto. Playing Techno and House, Andreas has been a professional DJ since 1998, playing sets in four countries. He is also a podcasting pioneer, with live audio and video mixes stretching as far back as the last millennium. Despite the progress of technology, Andreas still collects and spins 100% of music on Vinyl as he believes that “putting a laptop between a DJ and the crowd seems boring”.