2017 sees Techno on the move again, while the underground electronic music vinyl-only boom represents the opposite of commercial dance music’s insatiable drive for success and exposure. With so much music released every day, it can be a challenge to pick out a banging track. Below are the ten tracks I have picked out as standouts for the month of October 2017.
- LIEM/EDDIE NESS – Metronic Disco (FeverLehult Germany)
- Skee Mask – Inti (Ilian Tape)
- DAVIS, Clark – D313 EP (District 66 Germany)
- Tripeo – Eighth Trip (Tripeo)
- PERSPEKTIV – Paranoid Dancer (Perspektiv)
- EXIUM meets REEKO – Regenerative Circuits Part 2 (Nheoma)
- SIMS, Ben – Gamma Ray Subway EP (Deeply Rooted)
- CABRAL, Marcos/OLI FURNESS/SEAN DIXON – Trak Madnezz II (Clone Jack For Daze Holland)
- HECKLE, John – Memories Of Kamerlengo EP (Moondance Holland)
- BROOM, Mark – King EP (EPM Music)
Before I go, I do suggest you support the artists whose music I weave together, by buying their music directly – all of my mixes have full track listings so you can support the artists by purchasing the tracks individually – you can listen & purchase tracks directly on Mixcloud or Juno Download
Andreas Marouchos (Short, Rouchos), is a DJ from Toronto. Playing Techno and House, Andreas has been a professional DJ since 1998, playing sets in four countries. He is also a podcasting pioneer, with live audio and video mixes stretching as far back as the last millennium. Despite the progress of technology, Andreas still collects and spins 100% of music on Vinyl as he believes that “putting a laptop between a DJ and the crowd seems boring”.
Since You’re Here …
… I have a small favour to ask. Did you know it can take me up to 8 hours to curate, master, edit, upload and share my weekly podcasts? That’s a full day of work but I am happy to share my vinyl collection with audiences.
Unfortunately I am also an adult, and maintaining my gear, turntables and records do carry expenses. So I have setup my virtual tip jar searching for a coffee. I didn’t setup a Patreon page to make a living, or get rich, rather, I’ve setup my Patreon with the intention of using it as a channel to reach out to my followers and fans.
If making a recurring donation on Patreon is too much of a long term commitment, perhaps buying me a coffee suits your budget. Click here to donate a few dollars using Paypal, otherwise, my future would be much more secure if you were to become a Patron by clicking the orange button below.